The Wellbeing Service
The Wellbeing Service at Laurel Hospice provides a space for you to relax and unwind. As well as receiving a complementary therapy session, you can sit quietly, feel the ambience, listen to music, read or borrow books from the hospice library, ask questions, enjoy a drink (water, coffee, tea and herbal teas) and browse information brochures.
Complementary therapies work together with Western medical treatment to promote comfort, relaxation and well-being while also providing coping strategies for clients, families and carers being cared for by Southern Adelaide Palliative Services (SAPS). Therapies available are dependent on the qualified volunteers who kindly offer their time, knowledge and skills to provide this service.
- Hypnotherapy and kinesiology
- Yoga and meditation
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Reiki and therapeutic touch
- Facials and aromatherapy
- Reflexology, Bowen Therapy and lymphatic drainage
Complementary therapies can help:
- promote relaxation
- reduce stress and anxiety
- improve well-being and quality of life
- better the quality of sleep
- alleviate symptoms such as pain, nausea, poor appetite, fatigue, constipation and diarrhoea
- provide emotional support
- support our patients, their families and carers
The Wellbeing Service is funded by donations and community support and is a great example of people working together to provide a much-needed service to their community.
To find out more please contact Margie, our Wellbeing Service Coordinator on 8404 2210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org